Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Easily led astray

...that might be the best way to describe my love of learning new techniques. This one though has me quite captivated. It isn't stamped or transferred images but rather an engraved technique. Each impression seems comes out a bit different.

Every night for a week I've found myself back in the studio to make more...
and more...
and more. On this day I thought hmmm, can I engrave text???
As of last night I'm still at it... "soar" at the bottom is my favorite of the evening.
Now for what to do with them all? If I let myself to get so hung up on trying to make these into completed necklaces and such they would never get to Etsy. I have decided to add simple jump rings and sell them as pendants. One of these though will be offered up in my first giveaway. Come back tomorrow to see which one it will be.

Angie

7 comments:

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Wow, Angie! They are all gorgeous! I don't think I could pick out a total favorite from the lot. The colors are amazing. I think I will say, though, that the bottom group's colors are my favorite.

Thanks for sharing your fabulous art!

marie said...

Your artwork amazes me! I wish I could sit and watch you create sometime. These pieces are really great. Are these new techniques you make up or that you read about and then want to try?

Blessings from Cindy said...

Angie,
These are beautiful! I think pendants are a great idea and you will sell them all, I'm sure!
Blessings,
Cindy

Hopemore Studio said...

Carla, Marie and Cindy, thank you so much, I'm humbled.

Marie, I usually admire a technique and then try to learn how to do it using books at the library or internet searches. Afterwards (if it works)I experiment and try to find new ways to use it that isn't being done by others. My hubby thinks it's amazing that I learn this way but I think it's just stubbornness on my part.

Angie

Dorthe said...

Dear Angie, they are wonderfull, and I love the colors kind of glow, they will be beautifull pendants or charms to use for ears or necklaces..They are all amazingly beautifull.
Hugs, Dorthe

Carla Trujillo said...

Hey Angie,

You have been busy while I was away! Cool! Picked up a few goodies at the yardsale and hopefully post some by the end of the weekend. Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!