Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Treasures from afar

A few weeks ago I swapped some of my polymer pieces and sent them on the long journey to Denmark & Germany. Last week my mailbox was stuffed with the most beautiful art.

From Dorthe, this fantastic driftwood angel (already hanging on the wall in my studio).
As a special surprise she also included one of her hanging collages. Dorthe, you are too generous! I am amazed by both pieces, they have such wonderful detail.
I have been reading Dorthe's blog for the last year and have really enjoyed watching her creative process. Every detail is tended to ...just look at her packaging ... a hand stamped organza bag, wonderful old lace/paper, and really sweet wire wrapped beads. Of course I saved it all for who knows where and when I can use it next.

From Renate, an incredibly talented mixed media jewelry artist whom I admire (and probably emulate more than I should admit too)...I got to hand pick one of her hand stamped copper/resin focal pendants. In addition, she surprised me with a sari ribbon/resin charm and perfectly coordinated beads. I cannot wait to assemble this into my very own necklace... already envisioning all the copper wire wrapping I have ahead of me.
Unfortunately that fun will have to wait until at least next week since I'm trying to finish up an online class at the moment (more about that later) .

Angie

4 comments:

marie said...

Hi Angie,
I saw the pieces you sent Dorthe ~ they're so beautiful! And you certainly got beauty in return. The charms and beads from Renate are wonderful as well!

I would love to try my hand at some jewelry. I picked up some fimo, image transfers and a DVD at Michaels. I hope to give it a try this weekend. Any tips for me Angie?!

Dorthe said...

Dear Angie,
I`m just so happy you love what I made you, ---
--The pieces from Renate are in the most gorgeus colors,the bee charm is fantastic.
Hugs, Dorthe

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Good Morning, Angie. Wow! Such gorgeous treasures you received. I look forward to checking out the other ladies' blogs and their art work. Thanks for sharing.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

P.S. I just purchased the Eiffel Tower slide from your Etsy store. Can't wait to get in my hot little hands! :o)